Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Music You Can Move To...


While there are the occasional socialites who approach their visit to the gym as your average high school social event, most of us go to the gym with one thing in mind: burning those extra calories! I find, to reach my calorie-cutting goal, I have three essential components I take along - a clean sweat towel, a water bottle, and, of course, my recently updated Ipod.

It seems the Ipod is not only a great way to avoid awkward conversation at the gym while sweating perfusely on the stair-stepper, but a great way to pump-up your workout with classic up-beat tunes. After searching long and hear for a great "workout mix" that I could add to my Ipod playlists, I believe I have finally found what seems to be a great compilation at http://www.thebestsongs.net/workout_all-time.html. Here are the songs they recommend...as do I! They not only put you in the "calorie burnin' zone," but show you the beats per minute for each song, confirming your ability to "bump" and "move" to the rhythm as well. Check 'em out...

1."Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen Est. BPM: 150
2."Chariots of Fire" by Various Est. BPM: 62
3."Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor Est. BPM: 110
4."Footloose" by Kenny Loggins Est. BPM: 165
5."Gimme Some Lovin'" by The Spencer Davis Group Est. BPM: 141
6."Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)" by Bill Conti Est. BPM: 95
7."Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" performed C+C Music Factory Est. BPM: 116
8."Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas Est. BPM: 105
9."The Distance" by Cake Est. BPM: 90
10."Physical" by Olivia Newton-John Est. BPM: 124
11."Pump Up the Jam" by Technotronic Est. BPM: 126
12."The Power" by Snap / Power Jam Est. BPM: 112
13."We are the Champions" by Queen Est. BPM: 65

No comments:

Post a Comment