Monday, November 9, 2009

Working Out at the Rec Center

So I was just discussing with my other group members, the pet peeves I have about going to the rec center. I enjoy working out, but most the time I hate being there longer than I really need to be; I like to get in and get out. Yet, for some reason, there are always people there who like to keep me longer than I want to stay.
If I see someone I know at the rec center, I tend to run the other direction. Nothing against them, but I don't want to go through awkward "hello there, how was your day, what news" scenario. It slows me down from my soon to come painful run!
Also, I hate when it seems to be a beauty contest at the rec. Guys and girls are constantly looking at themselves in the mirrors instead of doing their sit-ups. And it always seems that everyone is chatting in front of the machine that I need. And when I ask if it is free, because it so obviously isn't being used, they say that they were just about to get on it.
Beyond that I also like to run on the upstairs track. The two inside lanes are for walking and the outside lanes are for running. Now it doesn't bother me if people run on the inside lanes, because they are moving faster and able to move faster than a walker, but when they walk on the outside lanes, it is so annoying. Especially when they don't pay attention to you running at them, and if you try to make a quick move, it ends up hurting them somehow.
So if I could have one rec center wish, it would be for all these pet peeves of mine to be cured and taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment