Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Break


Thanksgiving Break is looming, and ready to interrupt my work out routine. I have always been dedicated to working out throughout the school year, yet whenever a break in school comes up, I tend to lag behind, and end up losing everything I’ve worked for all semester. I even bought a temporary pass to the local gym back home in order to stay motivated, but ended up just spending $50 to only THINK about going to the gym. So I decided to ask my roommate, who is a personal trainer, what things I could do while at home without having to give up my relaxing time, or spend money on a pass for the gym.
My roommate told me any type of exercise is better than doing nothing at all. She suggested going for walks whenever I’ve been inside too long, just to get out of the house. Also, to do sit ups and push-ups while watching TV, or even if you have little 5 pound dumbbells, do some arm curls while sitting on the couch. Also , with all of the food that is available to you while at home, try not to stray too far away from your normal diet. But definitely indulge on Thanksgiving.
So my goal for the break is to stick to my normal routine as much as possible, and come back feeling refreshed, and not lethargic.

No comments:

Post a Comment